Saturday, June 14, 2014

The Gift Of Life

In remembrance and under death
as a broken mother’s heart
I file her name


and as if they're etched into my soul
those memories....
they are so ingrained.


delivered by God
no cries of a life.
Her vibrance already drained


she was my darling daughter
and in my mother's arms
still and silent, she laid


I cradled and grieved
long before the chance
of a blessed Welcome came.


she is now of this earth
in the form of spirit and love
and that is where she shall remain


but sometimes at night
I cry for her.
I whisper her name.


I can seldom forget her beauty
or that of the sun
on my face that day


was it a sign?
a spiritual message
sent a grieving mother's way


" I have her here with me
and you will know her too...
someday"


What I do know,
and with all my mothers heart, I know
she was not taken from me
in vain


and I like to believe
in the magnitude
of what she gave


that her beautiful universal soulless self
gave the gift of life
to another mother's babe

2 comments:

  1. I hope it is cathartic for you to write of this silence. Blessings, sweet soul <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very few times have i EVER been able to write about her in poetic form........it is hard to grasp the event, let alone the emotion and she would be fifteen years old this year......

      Delete

Translate