I'm looking at you
through this screen
in Awe,
of your strength
Me, here
in my first world country
fighting first world battles
of my brain
where I may choose
any number of prescriptions
to make
to make
my battles go away.
You, there
in third world blues
fighting real battles
in real world hues
of turf
nerve
and survival
and I want to reach out
and through
this screen to comfort you
to answer your call
to enact real change
from a global point of view
but my battles,
those of the brain
call to me again...
and say
" You! Ha!"
I don't think
you have what it takes
to enact impacting change?
You, stay safe,
oh sensitive child!
That world, His world
would eat you alive!
You couldn't survive!"
So again,
I'm looking at you
through this screen
In Awe......
and please know
in my heart
I answered your call.
~ M.Sneed
No comments:
Post a Comment