Thursday, June 26, 2014

Dreams are illusions
a myriad of infusions
of the things
that- make- us-
ticccck, tooock
around the clock
our brains scanning
beneath the surface
of itself
recesses....
in case..
a face...
news...
or lesson...
was seen, taken in
or learned
a bridge burned...
forgotten moments
that we must look
into
and dissect....
to direct.....
our attention away
away from our day
but you speak
from the side of your mouth
with that same
lack of direction
a misconception
of the things I gave
and the way
in which I delve
and one would think
by my dreams
that it seems
to be love..
to be true...
a story, not so far
from me...
from you...
and that sexy guitar..
lover,
by all means,
interrupt my dreams...
and join this illusion
lay down
your own mystical
magical,
musical infusion...
add to my delusion..
to my life..
an escape route
within my mind
and when I am lost
in that space
hiding behind
an empty gaze
I will find
a path
that winds up
and around and
at it's end
with you..
with us...
in love...
with beautifully etched seams
of inclusion...
and wet dreams...


~ M. Sneed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate