Sunday, June 22, 2014

Battlefield Of the ex'es

Forces collide
on this battlefield of the ex'es
and this familiar swordplay
war of the sexes
based around
what effects us
in our roles,
our flesh ridden home
that knocks us off our axis
because some of us
we think
too damn much
and we believe
others will protect us.
Then they just
put people in trances
so they can't see the rough
and won't seem so tough.
Just go! Just do
whatever the hell
the Ass in you fancies
just be gone, damn it
be gone
from my life
from my answers
because you were never
any good at those
oh, ho, ho, though
how you could quote
the poetry and prose
and weave a tale
Yes,
you were good at those
I got one too, you know
a tale
very brutal and gory
I'm still waiting here
I'm still standing
With my sword in hand
Hear Me!
Hear Me Demand!
a goodbye story!
I'm tired of cleaning up
and containing your messes
so she doesn't see
you were never
going to protect us
so she doesn't see
the results of your actions
So I meet you, here
on this battlefield
of the ex'es
Me, against the one
who chose to forsake us
and make us
out to be a part
of your problem
My my, baby
I hope that sword
you carry
is sharp
and that Armour
you wear
protects your
fickle heart
because, today
I am DONE
should have taken you down
at the start
Before,
this battlefield of the ex'es
when the take down is tougher
should have taken you out
back when we went to war
on the battlefield of Lovers.

~ M. Sneed








No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate