Friday, July 18, 2014

Youthful Spirit

Where did she go
the vision of that young woman
that I use to be
the one reflected in my mirror
no longer looks like me
as she stares back, into my own eyes
even I begin to believe
that spirit has forsaken her
and I stand void and empty
in the heart, in the soul, in the eyes
we can change the scope of our reality
we pacify the passersby
into the simple belief
that there is a greatness to be found
somewhere in humanity
strength in souls united
no questions in what will be
each being throwing out
their own kinetic energy
I'm looking in the mirror,
hoping this is what I'll see
but instead of the essence of my youth
handing me reprieve
through this mirrored reflection
I see her empathy
the clarity of a higher being
with wisdom she begins to speak
" Gaze through the looking glass of your soul,
to that cliff on which you laid your dreams
place them back inside your self
and simply take a leap.
when you get where you are going
there my spirit will be
sending out our vibrations,
our magic, and belief.
there truly is a greatness
somewhere in humanity
and it is found within the power
of our empathy,
it lies dormant in our souls,
but it awakens with our dreams.
others read it in our eyes
and sense it when it leaves"
At once I begin to understand
all that she means
it is in the absence of a thing
that something else begins to be.
this is nothing more than lack of self,
stagnant mysticism and forgotten dreams.
through the grounding of my spirit,
the practice of my empathy,
I shall bind her youthful magic
with the magnitude of my dreams
and through the cultivation
of my own humility
I will somehow find myself
and within that, the greatness in Humanity
and the essence of my youth
will radiate exponentially


 M. Sneed












No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate