Sunday, March 17, 2013

Tree to Life Translation Part 2

~ This morning I walked in front of my bedroom mirror and as I passed I snuck a side look at myself. I thought I was standing upright but I was instead leaning forward about an inch and a half at the ankle. My weight was all rested on my toes. I took a minute to refocus and take this in, then adjusted to center my weight, straiten my ankles, root in my toes and my mind once again trailed off into Tree Pose. Suddenly I understood the thing I was not getting the week before.
    You see, this week I have spent my time putting out small fires that seemed to pop up out of nowhere. Mercury in retrograde inside my sign coupled with the new moon, has not been easy for me. I have dodged one disaster after another but I managed. I moved, I swayed and I went with the wind, like a tree. I came out leaning but I remained standing. Two months ago I would have broken under the pressure of this week.
     Tree Pose teaches us so much more than balance. It teaches us that when balance seems impossible, sway. Move and dance with the momentum that chaos provides. Keep your movements fluid and your spine sturdy but limber and adjustable. Controlled and calm we face the wind. A beautiful Tree to Life Translation and a beautiful moment it gave to me, once I understood. ~

1 comment:

  1. Read more on healthy lifestyle at:

    http://medical-transcriptionist-reference.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

Translate