Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Ally McBeal and enhanced meditative state

~ in the past few weeks I had experienced a bit of stress over my Yoga practice. I was plagued with excuses not to practice then when opportunity was handed to me, I would not be able to focus. I found more and more I was watching TV while practicing. At first I was distraught by it. How could I? Yoga has always been a spiritual practice for me so it can't possibly be okay to watch TV in the midst of it, can it? Also, I suddenly can't get fifteen minutes into a practice in solitude but I manage to practice for hours in front of the TV. The guilt killed me for a few days but my experience has been that nothing in Yoga is simply nothing and I must look for the reason in it. It took only until my next Ally McBeal Yoga Practice before the answer was revealed. Once again, the past weeks had given me very important lessons and skills that I was unaware of. I realized on my mat that afternoon, I was easily keeping up with the show, locking into my breath and keeping a good focus on my pose too. I was not only doing more than one thing at that moment, I was doing three things in a single moment and doing them all very well. My mind was handling the processes it was taking to get there and I was not crumbling under the pressure of multiple responsibilities. Today when I hit my mat for a quiet deep practice, that is what I got out of it, with a deeper meditation than I have ever accomplished. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate