I believe God is an energy that surrounds us in our everyday moments. I send up thank you's, hopes, wishes, desires and a few kudos all throughout my day. I no longer feel the need to lay down at night and say a thirty minute prayer reiterating things I have already said. Last night was different. With a heavy heart and a very saturated soul I laid down and decided to pray. Just as I used to do, I started
"dear Lord, been a while (okay, so im a little rusty at it) but Im here. You know my beliefs have changed a bit but not my belief in you. I just don't feel the need for a one on one conversation with you right now...."
and it came like a shot in the dark, a voice saying
" because it is your time to listen, not your time to talk"
Thinking about this conversation today, I realize god wasn't just talking about himself here. Im so caught up on the internal, I have trouble paying attention to anything external. He's right, It is my time to shut up and listen. <bites tongue until it bleeds>
No comments:
Post a Comment