~ I use to blame others for my misery. Pointing my finger in their direction because they did not accept me as i was, they could not love me as I was or they did not understand me as I was. The truth of it: there was NEVER anyone else to blame for my misery. I never loved me. I never loved me because I did not know me. I did not know me because I never took the time to get to know me, therefore I NEVER understood me. Since I did not understand myself, it was impossible for me to accept myself. I still struggle. I believe it will always be so for admittedly imperfect people. If perfection were so easy, peace would be already a mainstay in this world. It is in fighting through imperfection that I have now discovered me. Discovered my weaknesses. My strengths. It is in fighting through imperfection that I discovered and got to know the darkness that resides in my heart. It is in fighting through imperfection that I discovered Love. True Love. Of me. Of the divine. Of others.~
No comments:
Post a Comment